Friday, June 4, 2010

It's not spring but....

It's spring clean up time at Mongrel Socks. Being a recycling tragic, I am forever hanging on to stuff that would be best out of my hands, and workshop. We re-use most of our packaging waste, sending off to the recyclers the rest, but......what I do have obscene amounts of is not quite right socks (NQR). Unfortunately, it is a reality in our business. We are very careful with quality control so it doesn't take much to relegate a sock to the "not for sale" pile. The time has finally come to take these bad boys on. So, this week we have been busy sorting and finishing our seconds, and it will take a few weeks yet, before we're done. One thing that has struck me is the amount of different colour mixes we have made over the years. Pairing these NQR socks is going to be a nightmare. So my thinking today is we should have an odd sock sale, mismatched sock sale or a same, same but different sale. All the time I save not having to match these babies, translates in to better sale pricing. Still deciding what we will eventually do with them. I'm all for a big sale day. Mongrel Socks have never in 11 years had a sale - we've had no need for it, until now. I'd like to have a bit of fun with it and maybe offer some sort of "something" to customers who show up wearing Mongrels. We've been brainstorming while we sort, with all sorts of idea's thrown around the sweat shop. Frithy is full of them. Who knows what we'll end up doing - but we've got a while to decide as it will take ages to get though my mountain of socks.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home