Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's been so long!

It's been so long since I sat down to update this blog. Here at the house of the Mongrel Socks - we've had our heads down, busy socking it. Winter is nearly upon us. A busy time coming up. Plenty of distractions too - Last night I left my comfort zone. I had to address the Hobart City Council Aldermen. Public speaking is so not my thing. I was quite frankly "packing it". I'm very passionate about our Salamanca Market, so I did know what I wanted say, but goodness me, I really wasn't prepared for the quite physical indicators of my nervousness. Lucky I was able to remain seated while I spoke, otherwise my leg tremors could have caused me some grief. Anyway 5 minutes and it was all over. I was very happy and  surprised by the Aldermen's response. I thought for a moment I had entered an alternate reality. What planet was I on and who were these people? After much debate, I was left with a feeling of hope for the future of Salamanca Market - that the people in power will take care to get the new changes proposed for the Market right. Hope I'm not disappointed.
On another note I have got to say how much I'm missing my offsider, who has the week off to get her house ready for sale. Friddy, is a very much valued Mongrel Socks team member, I'm been missing her this week - and really hate the thought of her ever leaving for good. She will eventually I'm sure and I'm thinking separation anxiety will kick in then. Best we look after her. Thanks Frid!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home