Sunday, May 16, 2010

Spam or is it?

With winter here we've been flat out making socks. As usual our customers are often a source of delight. There are some great people out there. Business through our new website has been very encouraging, but there is a down side - we are getting a lot more spam and unwelcome emails. Yin/yang, I guess. Some have a certain quality about them. Here's a couple I have received lately, as they came......



I really liked your produktsiya.V our area so do not prodayut.Ya would like what would you send me free samples for tests, and, if I like it I will recommend you to our shop!  Mailing address in Russia also supplied.


I think not.

And this one speaks (screams) for itself


Just when I thought I'd get through the bloody day without somebody once again kicking me in the guts!!! WHAMMO !!!! thanks for nothing.

After listening to this fool rabbitting on for 10 mins about how bloody fantastic these mongrel socks were, I thought I'd check them out on the net...YOU LOST ME COMPLETLY WHEN IT CAME TO THE PART OF THE POSSUM SLAUGHTER...CHRIST ALLMIGHTY WHAT NEXT???????????? WHERE THE HELL DOES THE HUMAN RACE GET OFF THINKING IT CAN KILL ANYTHING THAT THEY DEEM A PEST TO END THEIR OWN SELFISH MEANS...IF THEY ARE EATING THE NATIVE VEGETATION...PLANT MORE BLOODY TREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!DON'T WIPE THE POSSUMS OFF THE FACE OF THE PLANET, JUST TO MAKE FREAKING SOCKS FOR THE SPECIES THAT'S ALREADY GOT MORE LUXURIES THAN THEY DESERVE.BUT IT'S JUST TYPICAL ISN'T IT? IF IT MOVES .....KILL IT !! SHOVE YOUR BLOODY SOCKS WHERE THE SUN DOES NOT & WILL NOT EVER SHINE...


Nothing I can say to that.

An this last one below, some one with too much time on their hands, just like me -  noting my lengthy response. One I was rather proud of.

Dear Mongrel Socks, 

In your professional opinion, where do all the missing left socks disappear to?

Best wishes, 



Hi Alastair,
I have over the years giving your question some thought - I'm a conspiracy theorist.
I think the big multi national hosiery companies know that thier sales increase when socks go astray long before being worn out so....... to encourage a natural separation of socks they knit in to the sock positve magnetised threads that will ensure the law of physics will not allow any pair to come together once they have been taken out of thier wrapping. It should be noted our socks do not feeture this addition and as such our buyers have a far greater chance of simply wearing our socks out rather than losing them. I must remember to note this on our web site as a key feeture.
Have a good day!
Cheers,
Helen.
ps there is such a thing as sock clips attached before washing to keep them together, might be worth a try for you. Sorry we don't sell them but they're online somewhere.



mmm?




Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 31, 2010 at 9:49 PM , Blogger nerines said...

Ha,ha,ha, love your very considered answer to the 'missing left sock' dilemma.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home