Monday, June 30, 2008

Mongrels across ditch!


I received this photo from a lovely customer tonight. It was taken in New Zealand. I had received a copy of it some months ago, given to me by a customer at the Market, sent down with them, by a friend of their's to give to us, when they holidayed here in Tassie. The original is actually tacked up here next to my computer, I couldn't use it on the blog as it was a photo of a photo so not very clear when it was scanned. Here's the email that accompanied it...
Hi There,
I had promised to send the attached photo to you some time ago on behalf of Estelle Hargreaves, however I've only just came across your email address again which reminded me I had reneged on my promise.
Estelle is a very dear friend who has sent numerous pairs of Mongrel Socks across the ditch to my wife and I( in Dunedin) an my father and mother in-law ( in Central Otago). The attached photo was taken in Hanmer Springs, an amazing spot with an outdoor thermal complex surrounded by mountains. There was plenty of snow about when we visited and I'm told the temperature hit somewhere around -7 degrees. Showers to warm up were delayed due to frozen pipes in our rented (and newly built!) home,but one thing was for sure-none of our toes got cold!
Regards,
Luke.
I am continually amazed at the kindness and good will our customers show us, we may well give them warm toes, but they give me a warm heart.




Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home