Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Confucius was right

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. ~Confucius

I often think of this quote when going about business, sure, I might be busy sock making etc but it really doesn't feel like work most of the time. OK, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, work is work, and time's committed, but when you re lucky enough to work from a home base, and in control of your own direction, mostly things are sweet. Even when things go pear shape, like when the machinery develops a glitch, things aren't too grim, if the stress level builds we just take a break. More often than not, if we take a break and get back to a problem later with fresh eye's/mind, usually it's a simple fix or if not, it's a simple not agonised over decision to get outside help. Enjoying the sock making process and really liking the finished product, makes my work days easy. I also think that the variety in my days makes for a good work experience too. Not being stuck doing the same task all day, every day. Running a small manufacturing business like my husband and I do, means quite simply we have got to do every thing ourselves. From the hands on daily sock making work through to the book work and every thing in between.
The buck stops here, so best I get off the computer and back into it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home