Thursday, June 26, 2008

1,2,3, argh!

It's come around again, the end of the financial year. Not many socks being made, while we're busy counting stock. I just hate the mindless, seemingly endless, sock counting. Then there's the need to count the raw materials, pure wool, wool blends, packing materials, and so it goes on. I don't think the count is even the worst of it, it's the need to clean that becomes glaringly obvious, once the count begins. It will take a good week to get the shed back in to shape, after I've ripped the guts out of it, shuffled boxes, consolidated boxes, before we can get back in to normal production.
The EoFY could not come at a worse time for us, smack bang in the middle of the busy winter season. Getting our wholesale and mail orders out, can't wait 'til I've finished stocktake. It's got to be done as they come in. So I find myself jumping to and fro from one thing and another, never seeming to get anything actually finished. I know by the end of next week I'll be able to forget about it for another year, it's just going to be a long week.
Best I stop putting it off and get in to it!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home