Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Every time I turn around.

...a week has gone by. Here I am again. Big busy weeks, still finishing in our tax stuff and the usual. I'm really excited, I am sitting here trialing our long await new Possum Socks. First time I've been out of our pure wool Mongrels since I can remember. I love my mongrels but these feel great. Our long awaited ( and still waiting) new supply of possum/merino yarn is due at the end of August, and we are all but sold out of the last run. Not wanting to be unable to meet demand ( in the middle of winter) we have sourced a New Zealand made hi-tech construction Possum/Merino sock for our customers to try.
They are very different to our fine possum sock. With arch support, soft rib top, reinforced and padded sole, toe and heel, light weight and no seam. Wow! These babies have all the bells and whistles. They feel good. I'll be interested how they'll be after a few washes. Will keep you posted.
Our property abounds with wildlife especially birds. We love it although it can be noisy. Yesterday afternoon the birds were particularly noticable. I grabbed the camera thinking I'd get a few up close bird shots, while  drinking a cuppa on the verandah. There were birds every where, but do you think I could get a shot, not a chance. I did manage  to grab this shot, although a nano second earlier the tree had 20 odd western Rosella's in it. It reminds me of my friend Nerines beautiful clothing, click on the link and you'll see why.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 13, 2010 at 3:46 PM , Blogger nerines said...

Oh look at you flat out at your computer (literally?) and thankyou, that's very lovely:) I've heard (read) bird photography is very tricky...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home