Friday, June 11, 2010

Phew!

The photo's do not do justice to the terrifying spectical of brush fire (smoke) raging across our neighbours property, straight towards ours. I arrived home after our Friday afternoon posting, to see the hill we live on on fire. I'd only been out 20 minutes. Alerting my Mr Mongrel Socks, who was inside doing paperwork. unaware. In minutes I had called 000 (twice) as he set off in to the smoke and flames armed with a wet towel! 20 minutes and 6 or more fire trucks later, fire under control. Back he came, still carrying the towel. The fire burnt through our fences in a few places, and we've probably lost a few native trees and irrigation, lucky that was it.
I whipped out the camera, when things settled.
When I saw the photo's later I couldn't believe how unimpressive they were considering how edgey the feelings were at the time. Funny.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home