Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Good start to the year!

Our customer contact is one of the more stimulating parts of the sock making job, apart from the obvious distraction they bring to an otherwise pretty ordinary work day, sometimes you get the opportunity to meet real good sorts. Had a great chat with one last week and today received his order(via snail mail) which included a nice letter, I've reproduced below, because it makes a good for read.
Hello Helen,
My sock-buying grandkid might have started something here. I much enjoyed our chat today-just as I have enjoyed wearing your mongrel socks.
I've worked out my life expectancy, and reckon it'll be extended if I buy another seven pairs at this stage. These socks are really brilliant in the relief of arthritic pain-you can quote me.
So, all in size XL, can I please have 5prs in the basically black with the white/grey stipling, and 2 pairs in your choice of wild colours, (but please not fluoro). And a choice of darning wools is up to you.
I work that out to $163.00 including postage. Relax!-my cheques are like dead cats-they don't bounce. Darn! I wish I hadn't said that.
Thanks and Cheers
Ken W

It was lovely to get Ken's letter/order, his socks are on their way!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home