Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas here and there

Tasmania has experienced its hottest November in many years, not very good conditions for the sales of wool socks. Luckily, there is a northern hemisphere that is cooling down as I write. We have had plenty order’s coming through from Canada and the US where winter is just beginning. Yay! One of our long time customer’s in the Yukon, told me about his 2 daylight hours of Christmas day, and below zero temperatures, where every thing happens indoors. Now I know why socks are hung by the chimney with care, it’s not for filling with gifts (they always seemed far too small for anything on my wish list) but putting in frozen toes to thaw before they break off.
Here we must have around 14 hrs of daylight, lots of time for the obligatory Aussie games of back yard cricket, the riding of new bikes, visiting the family, afternoon snoozes, BBQ’s teas, and evening strolls. It’s a completely different experience. Just once I’d like to see a white Christmas, and probably one will be plenty for me.
It’s nice to think that people halfway around the world will be pulling on their new Mongrel Socks on Christmas morning and discovering the luxury of pure wool right when they’ll appreciate it. Makes me smile!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home