Sunday, April 15, 2007

Wool socks in the desert!


I'd like to share this picture a customer sent to me recently. They live way out woop woop, beyond the black stump, right in the midst of Australia, about 500ks out of Alice Springs. It's harsh country out there, night time it can be freezing and daytime, stinking hot. They value good pure wool socks there. Only pure wool can give you the warmth you need, when you need it and not over heat as the day warms up. When you live and work in extremes of temperature, your day can start at 0 degrees C (or less) and head in the 40's with in hours. So it's important your foot wear can cope with both. Wool with its great thermal properties is just the thing, cool in the heat and warm in the cold. They tell me our Mongrels are also used as stubby coolers out there, with great success. Maybe that could be a new product for us in the future-I guess I could do a few trials-and drink a bit of beer at the same time. It's a hard life, I know, but some-ones gotta do it. From the look of it, seems there's a sad lack of clothesline's outback as well.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home